Most of you will be familiar with the term "Photoshopping".
Every one of your finished images will be Photoshopped to some extent and this is an integral part of every wedding package I offer. The majority of images require only a few tweaks and adjustments to make them look the best they can. Others may need a bit more work, such as the ones shown above.
- The couple wanted a striking image of themselves on a jetty leading out onto Lake Windermere. Unfortunately, the jetty was a little bit cluttered and there were a number of distracting items in the shot that could not physically be removed, such as the two boats moored on the right-hand side of the jetty. These were cloned out, along with the metal rails to allow the lines of the jetty to lead the viewer's eye into the picture without interruption. In addition, the colours & contrast were adjusted to brighten the image up.
Other examples of Photoshopping:
- converting an image to black and white
- cropping the overall size or shape of the image
- stitching a number of images together to make a single panoramic image
- replacing the head of someone who's eyes are closed in a group shot with a better one from another shot. This is why I take several shots of each group to ensure I can make up a master shot with everyone with their eyes open and looking their best.